Tuesday, November 22, 2011

We are home...we are surviving!




We are home! Yes, we are tired. Yes, this is all a LOT of change. Hadi is doing great with bonding which is our first prayer with her. She is having a little trouble at night with sleeping but other than that, she has adjusted pretty well so far. As for the rest of us, we are taking it day by day. It has been A LOT all at once and we are all expressing it in our own way.

I'm...well, I'm a train wreck. I figure being honest about it will be the best! My boys are dealing with me gently. Today I looked over at Luke through my tear stained eyes and with the innocence of a 3 year old (and a little nudge from God) he said, "Mom, you'll be okay. You're a good mom." I smiled and thanked God for that precious moment.

Thank you so much for all of your faithful prayers and support. We have been overwhelmed by everyone helping and loving us. Thank you! We will keep you updated.
We are finding our way into this new normal with "Hadi girl".

We also have a praise...Scott's cousins were cleared today to travel. They will probably leave next week. We are so excited for them and grateful we are in this adoption journey together.

Here is some pics of Hadi's arriving at the airport. We will update with more pics and videos soon. Just not quite there yet.



P.S. She is a little cutie with a great smile. She has had many "firsts" in the last week with us, including her top two front teeth and a double ear infection...always an adventure!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great update. You all look great and we can't wait to hang out with the new family soon! Restful prayers coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see your family complete! I totally understand about the transition to a "new normal"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jill...I remember after getting home with Grace, already had baby Rachel. I said to my mother-in-law as we pulled away from her driveway to go home with our two little girls...I can't do this Mom. But I did. through Christ and His strength and the encouragement of family and friends. It's such a blessing but also a hard road at times. You are in my prayers Jill! Call me if you ever need to talk to someone who has been there and has seen the light at the other end. I love you Jill! And your entire precious family! I can't wait to meet your children some day! 843-552-0755. The time change for Hungary is +6 from the East Coast

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you all. What a beautiful story God is knitting with your lives. We are praying for you during this time of transition.
    Love you and your family.
    Kristina & Chris

    ReplyDelete